Click on the pictures to make them larger

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Hay Bales and Waffles!

Went with DH this morning to finish up a project for a friend who served us the most delightful waffles I have ever had!  He gave me the recipe which I will put here at the bottom.  We live next to a small field and heard a tractor out there this afternoon. When I looked out, there was an older John Deere pulling a small round baler.  I had never seen this process close up before so I got out my camera and went outside to film him.  He even came over close so I could get a good shot!  Hope you enjoy this:


We had more fun making goofy photos of us with the hay bales later for the grandchildren.   

So about that waffle recipe!  He makes the batter the night before and used a double waffle iron---now I really need to get me a waffle iron! LOL!
Doc's Waffles
1 Pkg.(2 1/4 t) active dry yeast
1/2 C warm water (115)
2 C warm milk (115)
1/4 C melted butter
1 T sugar
1 t salt
2 C all purpose flour
_________________________
2 Large eggs
1/4 t baking soda

Prepare yeast so it's really going; add other ingredients except eggs and baking soda.  Beat until smooth, cover with plastic wrap, let stand overnight after risen some, then refrigerate.
When ready to cook, beat eggs and baking soda, add to mix...batter will be very thin, keeps several days in refrigerator.  Most waffle irons use 1/2 to 3/4 cup of batter per waffle.

Going to try this next weekend...I will let you know how they come out. Have a nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment