Friday, August 7, 2015
Finished drilling holes in the ends of each step. When I partially assembled the steps and one of the sides, I realized I had to also paint the ends. So I did that and set them aside to dry. I assembled the opposide side of the scissor steps and was feeling pretty proud of myself when I realized that the other side had to be a mirror image of the first! Well, I don't know if I was having a bad day or what but I had a heck of a time wrapping my head around how to put the opposite side together! LOL! Finally succeeded after working up a sweat. Then touched up the little ends and set them aside to dry. I decided to try sealing the printed out images of diamond plate with some Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel. A few light sprays on both sides seemed to do the trick. Also sealed my thumb nail and part of my hand, next time I will wear a glove, I promise! Since the paper dried quickly, I used some Elmer's glue and tried gluing it to one of the steps. I think this is going to work... After looking at my original picture of scissor steps, I can see that I have a few more strips to cut for braces on each end. Tomorrow's another day! Have a nice evening!