Click on the pictures to make them larger

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tying up Loose Ends...

It's a beautiful morning in Tennessee!  Last night was a little lively as they were harvesting corn down at the end of the street until 11:30 last night.  Truckloads of corn rumbled by about every 5 or 6 minutes.  But aren't we fortunate to live in a country where food is in such abundance.  

The tail for the mermaid afghan is done!  The video I saved here came in handy as I had to refer to it often in order to finish this.  
My little grandaughter might even get this in time for her birthday!  I only have one thing left to do......weave in alllll the loose ends.  All 125 of them....
so I guess I will be busy for another day or so.  But it is nice and thick and warm and I hope she enjoys it alot.  How much you want to bet her sister's going to want one too...:)

On another note, "Tex" (remember him?) ambled up to the breakfast table this morning and wanted to know where his six shooters were.  I told him they were tied up in paperwork....then he wanted to know when I was going to buy him a "decent piece of horse flesh"....his words, not mine.  I tried to break it to him as gently as possible, but he is not shaped quite right for riding.  He can't straddle a horse.  I told him I could get him a nice side saddle but steam started coming out of his ears and he threw down his hat with a "Dag nap it!" and stomped off to the shop.  I think the cowboy phase is over.  I think he would like a nice set of goggles and a steampunk vehicle....I'll have to see what I can work out.  But not today, I have to tie up a few loose ends! LOL!  Have a great day all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Deb, it looks like it is coming along quite nicely.
    On another note, I had to laugh...the thought of Tex having to ride side saddle, too funny, but obviously not to him.

    ReplyDelete