Click on the pictures to make them larger

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Doors and Wood Paneling


Got out my Easy Cutter today and decided to start putting on the wood strips to the left of the door.  I again used the E6000 cement to apply them and I think the wood strips were just what was needed!  Of course now you know what that means....I need to make more sticks with rivets! LOL! But that's okay, I do kind of enjoy teasing the Captain with all the bling.....The front will also have a porch roof which will require a couple of porch posts. I was originally going to paint them up like porch posts on a Victorian painted lady, but this house has its own ideas. I stained one of them with some Minwax Golden Oak stain, and I think that's how these will be finished.  I glued the fender in place too, so we are getting closer to the finish line. 
The work on the side door has continued. I was in the backyard spray painting bridal veil fabric.  It was a little windy, so I had to chase it across the yard, but the job was accomplished! I attached it to the black part of the door with some 527 cement.  While that was drying, I was working on the decorative medallion for the green side. I decided that I need to paint the edges...alllll the edges!  So that will be an "in between other jobs" project. Next we'll be assembling the door and working on the hinge. So, I hope you all are enjoying some sunshine in your life today, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment