Click on the pictures to make them larger

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Yarn Wrangling and Anniversaries...

Hope you are all well today!   Today was my husband and my 40th wedding anniversary!  We had a wonderful day eating out and going to the movies.  Went to our favorite Italian restaurant, The Gondolier.  Then saw the new Mission Impossible movie, loved it!

Now am back home and working on a temporary new project.  One of my delightful grandaughters wants a mermaid tail and what Grandma in her right mind could turn down a request like that?!  My dear daughter-in-law saw a pattern online and I searched a little more for a pattern that included directions for a child-sized tail.  The pattern was on YARNutopia By Nadia Fuad.
I just might have to make myself one of these too when I'm done! LOL!  I thought this would be perfect in shades of soft green sparkly yarn, but the Walmart yarn department had other ideas...so this is what I came up with for a combination of colors:






The strip that you see finished is 8 rows that took about three hours. So I will be keeping you updated on my progress....her birthday is the end of the month! Yikes! I guess I'd better get back to my crocheting!  Have a great evening all!

P.S.  Don't worry, we will be back to the Summerhouse in no time...The Captain won't let me stay away for too long!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary, sounds like you had a nice time.
    I like the colors you picked for the mermaid costume. I don't crochet but it looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you, but I'm sure it'll be worth it, hope we get to see some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kari! I will keep you updated on the progress. This part is some slow going, but I will persevere! LOL!

    ReplyDelete