Click on the pictures to make them larger

Monday, August 24, 2015

This is going Swimmingly!

Yes, I did indeed have to watch the video to finish the body of the afghan and yes there was a typo in the instructions!  In round 51, it says to SC at the beginning of row 66...?? The instructions were just duplicated from the other sizes so everything was cool.  I watched the video for the last 10 rounds. I had to keep stopping it as she crochets faster than me.  So here is where we are at right now...
Kind of looks like a giant baby cocoon at this point, but will look much different when we attach the tail.  I started the tail yesterday, but it was kind of getting smaller where it wasn't supposed to so I tore it all out and started again.That explains why there is so much yarn wrapped around the skein....
So will have to go back to watching the video to see what I did wrong.  So glad she made the video! I have to get this done soon as the minions are getting impatient about their banana stand and The Captain has been huffing his pipe and saying if Rose takes him on one more picnic to calm him down he's going to chuck her in the river! Fortunately, the river is very shallow, but I'm sure Rose would have plenty to say about that! LOL!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, hope Rose knows how to swim!
    Looking very cute. Haven't showed these mermaid posts to a certain little princess here b'cuz she's sure to want one for a costume for herself. Not sure I have your stamina for completing it.
    Toss those minions some dry spaghetti and they can either have sword fights with it or cook it and have tug of wars games. That should keep them busy for awhile. Oh and try putting something in the Captains pipe mix to calm him!

    ReplyDelete