Click on the pictures to make them larger

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bleachers and Visiting...

The minions just love standing around on my bench watching me work.  However, they are often ducking random paintbrushes and sharp objects.  Dave considers himself the leader even if he doesn't get to wear the Viking hat.  He approached me with a plan.  His idea was to create a set of bleachers that could be set up out of the way of danger where they could still watch me work.  After I thought about it, I realized I already had something that would work.  I dug around in my stash and found a set of shelves I had built for the Brimble's Mercantile before it decided to become a tea shop.  After setting them up on my bench, the Minions tried them out for size.
Not only were they tickled pink, but they started talking about having a concession stand too! LOL!  That's all I need on my bench, little bits of popcorn and spilled soda....They also can be a little irritating at times, like when they cheer every time I mess up....and sometimes having all those eyeballs on you when you are trying to concentrate on something can be a bit disconcerting!  I went to visit my mom yesterday and knowing that I had to leave all these guys alone all day gave me pause.  I had visions of minions hawking balloons and fried turkey legs!

As I was getting ready to leave for my visit, Rose expressed her desire to go with me for a "girl day".  I'm not sure how much of a girl day it will be, the trip is to return my mom's power washer that we borrowed. But, what the heck, it would make the drive less lonely.  Just as I was about to go out the door, the Captain hollered that he would like to come too so we made a jolly group for sure!  While I visited with my mom, the Captain and Rose visited the people in my mom's dollhouse and Rose had a bemused expression on her face as she talked to the Lovely Marilyn.  Marilyn's married now to a local banker and is very happy so there were no ruffled feathers during the visit...thank goodness!

The ride home was uneventful and I was curious what would be waiting for me when we got home. Everything seemed normal although there was a slight scent of cotton candy in the shop.  Well, at least they cleaned up after themselves.  The skellies weren't saying a word so I can imagine the partying that went on!  So, did I actually get anything miniature done?! Yes!   More painting on the inside of the roof pieces and and a final coat on the roof ridge trim.
I found a couple of brackets that I think will add a little more dimension to the cardboard trim pieces so painted those up too. Have no idea where they came from, just a couple of random bits in my wood box that I thought might work.  Will metalize the black pieces today and put yet another coat on the underside of the roof pieces. We are inching closer to the electrical so I am steeling myself for that. I'm sure it will be easier than I think, but will share the process with you.  Have a great day all!

2 comments:

  1. How do you metalize something? I've tried the metallic paints with kind of blah results. Any chance you'd share your method?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops !! Forgot -S

    ReplyDelete