Click on the pictures to make them larger

Monday, October 12, 2015

Painting, Painting, Painting...

Put on my painting coveralls and went to work on the restaurant this morning. Climbed up on my extension ladder to reach the high parts and made countless trips up and down to refill my paint bucket. Had to take a break after a few hours as the arthritis in my thumbs was kicking up.  I had to hide on the backside of the building as these crominions are tough taskmasters. Now that they have their Crocodile Dundee knives, they are a bit formidable! After the siding was done, I started out on the trim. I used my exacto knife to cut the pieces out, trying to pop them out without doing that means you are guaranteed to bend them and those bends show up under paint.
I really like the green but it looks like it's going to need three coats...The insides of the window frames were painted too;
I did that on the Steampunk Tudor and liked how it came out. The front steps will be faux concrete, so some grey paint was stippled on. After two coats, looks like it will take a few more to get rid of the wood grain.
So after some good progress this morning, the three restauranteurs are very happy and excited to start.  
S sent me a link for 1/4" scale furnishings and accessories and the crominions kept getting drool all over my computer screen. I admit some of it was probably mine too...LOL! Here is the link if you would like to have a look around. B J Miniatures  I think I hear some shirts calling my name...time to break out the ironing board! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment