Click on the pictures to make them larger

Friday, October 23, 2015

Lights and Minions and Catch Ups!


Just have a few things to catch up on today. Between running to Walmart for groceries and staring at a pile of shirts that need ironing, not much time for minis today!  Thought I'd catch you up on a few things while I'm here. Remember Doc's waffle recipe? Not only did the bowl of batter overflow in the refrigerator, I couldn't get them to cook right either. The waffles were either soft and raw in the middle or as crispy as potato chips! LOL! As I typed that, I could hear a chorus of "Potato" from all the minions....by the way, there are more of them now.....don't know where they all come from! I think they jumped into my cart at Walmart....;) Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, waffles. I think Doc must have a magic touch with them because when he cooked them at his house they were delicious! Another thing I wanted to mention was the amber bracelet I made. Doc thinks I have the beginnings of osteoarthritis in my thumb joints so I was wondering if the amber would help. After wearing the bracelet for about a week, it does seem to help some. The pain is not as intense and I can move a little better. Baltic amber is supposed to be the best one to use...got some on Ebay. Anyway, I figured it couldn't hurt and was inexpensive to do. Oh, and remember the magnifying lamp I wanted? Well, dear hubby came home with one for me! Woo!Hoo!
Now I just have to find a better spot for it. It's a little precarious where it is right now. It works great and is really beefy...couldn't complain about the $31 price tag either....with the coupon of course...good old Harbor Freight! And the highlight of the day was spray painting the ladder for the minions. It looks a little more like wood and the minions have been inspecting it.
They said it will work for now but think it needs some dry brushing for more realism..always coming up with more work for me!
Well, all this worked up an appetite! Thought I would make a blast from the past for lunch....Beefy Mexican Lasagna. It was as good as we remembered. My kids loved this and we have friends who love it too. Here's the recipe:                                                     
                                                 Beefy Mexican Lasagna
                                                  1 Pound ground beef
                                                  1 can (14 0z.) diced tomatoes
                                                  1 package taco seasoning
                                                  1 can (2.8 oz.) Durkee French Fried Onions
                                                  1 12 oz carton cottage cheese
                                                  1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
                                                  2 eggs, slightly beaten
                                                  Tortilla Chips
In large skillet, brown beef; drain. Add canned tomatoes and taco seasoning; simmer , uncovered. 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 can French Fried Onions. In bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese and eggs. Grease an 8x12" baking pan and put down a layer of tortilla chips. Spoon meat mixture evenly in dish. Top with another layer of tortilla chips then the cheese mixture. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and french fried onions. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer.  If desired, garnish with lettuce and chopped tomato before serving. Enjoy! (Should have taken a picture before, but we were hungry! :) LOL!)
Had an afterthought after I posted the recipe. The first time I made it, I used foil to cover it and all the cheese stuck to the foil. After that, I kind of tent the foil over the top. Give this a try, I don't think you will be sorry.

Have a great evening!
                                                  
                                                    




No comments:

Post a Comment