Click on the pictures to make them larger

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Here's to Sleepless Nights!

Had one of those sleepless nights so went into the shop to get something accomplished. I had been laying there thinking about how to make a lace tablecloth for the Steampunk Tudor....who knew a lace tablecloth could keep you awake! Since I had already thought it through, I got up and put it together.  A circle of lace with a band of lace around the edge.  The lace had been gathered at one time, so had a few crinkles in it that reminded me of the folds on a tablecloth.  This worked perfectly for around the edge of the table.  
Then, before the roof can go on, I wanted to add just a few pieces of furniture.  Some of it will be visible through the open front door; to see the rest requires that you press your nose against the window...LOL!  Just be sure the local law enforcement is not around when you do that...could look a little peculiar. ;) So here are couple of shots through the windows before I put the roof on.  
Vincent has been jumping up and down he is so excited and he's invited the rest of the vampire minions to come live there too.  I glued one half of the roof on and then decided how low I wanted the light fixture to hang inside.  I cut a small V in the roof to accommodate the wire and then used a piece of packing tape to secure the wire to the roof.

Another piece of tape under the eaves kept it in place and then I had to think what I was going to do with all the extra wire. I noticed that the wire held its shape when you bent it, so tried wrapping it carefully around a knitting needle to end up with a coil.  

That took care of the extra length and I think it will look good as part of the steampunk equipment that will come later on.  The bulb is a little dim even with fresh batteries, but it gives a cozy light similar to candlelight so Vincent is content.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment