Click on the pictures to make them larger

Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Tree is on Its Way!

This morning was spent writing little notes and putting chocolate kisses in the many drawers of the Christmas tree. I was trying to think of a way to cover it so that the paint would be protected and came up with the idea of using parchment paper. I wrapped it carefully and found out something today.....tape doesn't stick to parchment paper! LOL! So after wrapping the paper around it, I wrapped it again with packing material and taped that in place. Voila!
And after enclosing a letter from home, started taping it up.
Probably about ten pounds of tape later, I think it will hold together for its long trip overseas.
The lady at the post office didn't look at me TOO weird when I asked to take a picture of the package so I did it anyway! LOL!
The advantages of getting older! As my sweatshirt says, "I'm not weird, I'm artsy!" So it is on it's way at last. I got a little misty writing the letter, and felt a lump in my throat as the package was turned over to the postal service, but I am a brave Momma and will be praying for my Dear Son. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment