Click on the pictures to make them larger

Thursday, March 9, 2017

This and That....

I went over to visit my sister-in-law today and she is getting so excited to set up shop in her new quilt shop! :) She makes beautiful quilts and wall hangings in full size and all her corners line up perfectly! Her precision is unmatched and she has a great color sense...hmm, maybe I should get her to build a dollhouse. Last night I had trouble sleeping, so went into the shop to putz. The tiny cups and saucers that I found at Michael's came on a card like this:
After gluing the cups and saucers together, I glued a teaspoon over the hole on each set.
I set those aside to dry and decided to put together a Chrysnbon what-not shelf for the ladies to display all their goodies upstairs next to the tea table.
Mmmm, I can smell the chocolate cake now! While the glue was drying on that, I started cutting up some strip wood for more fabric bolts. I bought a pack of twelve 3/4" X 1/8" strip wood to use for this. The original pieces I started using are just under an 1/8" so these will be a little different....I guess they came from a different fabric company...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! LOL! I started measuring and cutting each one but soon realized that cutting over 100 of these was going to take time so I had to come up with a faster way.
I've seen my Dear Hubby use a piece of tape when he has to do repeated cuts or drill holes, so I measured and stuck a piece of tape to my miter box and now just quickly go from one to the next.
Pretty good thinking for 1 in the morning...My thumbs started getting tired so I pulled out the package of Tiny Turnings to try out another idea.
By now it is 2:30 in the morning and I am getting googly eyed so I set the turnings aside for another day. The sandman was calling, so I turned out the light and went to bed. So this afternoon after starting up my bread machine, I went into the shop and pulled out some Minwax Polycrylic and put the first coat on the cutting table.
I think one coat will do it! So I set that aside to dry and came into the living room to put up my feet. Not for long! The ladies want more tea and they're wondering when that chocolate cake will be arriving. I'll have to tell them to go over to the minion's Buns and Roses bakery and pick up a few things..they could use the exercise! LOL! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You look like you are having more fun than is allowed. I always enjoy how you process from one component, idea, and problem to another and have such fabulous outcomes!!! So good to have you back. - S

    ReplyDelete