Click on the pictures to make them larger

Saturday, March 18, 2017

I Love Saturday!

I couldn't get to sleep last night so wandered into my shop to start putting together one of the fabric bolt cabinets. Dear Hubby was contentedly snoring, so I didn't think he'd hear me making a ruckus in the shop. I pulled out this cute little hand sander that I found in my toolbox.
The sandpaper strips stick with velcro and the yellow part is a soft foam that doesn't hurt your hand and I can't for the life of me remember where I got it! It's an inch wide and 3 1/2 inches long and I searched the internet and couldn't find it anywhere. I will keep looking as I just love this thing and I think you will too. It worked perfectly sanding these little hutches and got into corners that my fingers couldn't. As soon as I find the place I bought it, I will let you know so you can buy one too. Once I cut off the overhanging parts of the hutch, I glued the parts together and into the clamps it went.
I used pony beads for the feet on these and the feet on the first one have snapped off a couple of times. I tried this glue on the feet for this one, hopefully it will hold better.
Here it is ready to paint!
By then it was 1 in the morning, so I decided to go to bed rather than start the next one. Today, I decided to make some homemade cookies as it has been awhile since I made any. I had this recipe held up with a magnet on the side of my fridge so thought I would give it a try.
Mmmm, looking good so far.
I took the first batch out and turned to put the next one in. When I turned back around, there were the minions each claiming a cookie!
I was a little hesitant to take this guy's cookie away...
They came out delicious, even with the minion footprints. I used mini chips and I think they would be just as good with 2 cups of chips instead of 3 but I will leave that up to you. :) I wandered out to Dear Hubby's shop and he was cleaning out his old toolbox...guess what I scored:
Even if I don't use them, when Bill is working in the house, many times I have the tool he's looking for so he doesn't have to go all the way out to the shop. So it is 70 outside today and the sun is shining, hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment