Click on the pictures to make them larger

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Baking Day! Baking Day!

It's official! The day before Christmas is pie day! The mojo just wasn't there this morning, but kicked in this afternoon. Since we received a bushel of apples this year, homemade apple pie was definitely first on the list. My mom and I sat at the table and peeled a dozen apples to make a whopper of an apple pie. Made the first batch of crust and popped it in the oven. Came out pretty good if I do say so myself!
LOL! Next up, a cherry pie, that is Dear Hubby's favorite. Made the second batch of crust and put that one together.
You can see that Dear Hubby is in the background cleaning up...isn't he a Sweetie?! As soon as the apple pie came out of the oven, the cherry one went in. While all this was going on, there was bread baking in the breadmaker. Yum! Third batch of crust mixed up, pumpkin pie filling put together...Morin secret is that I use heavy cream instead of evaporated milk. Trust me, you will never go back! The cherry pie came out,
I put the pie shell in the oven and carefully poured the pumpkin filling in. Slid that in the oven and took a breather!
At last the fruit of 4 hours of labor!
It was fun having my mom there watching me stirring, rolling, and making a mess in general. Now all we have to do tomorrow is cook the turkey, the butternut squash, the swiss corn bake, the potatoes, and make the gravy! Whew! I sure love Christmas though! Merry Christmas to each and every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment