Click on the pictures to make them larger

Sunday, December 6, 2015

It's a Blizzard!

Well, maybe not quite a blizzard, but I did have lots of fun sewing snowflakes on Elsa's Christmas stocking. I started by finishing up Olaf. I even found his missing foot! It must have stuck to me and randomly fell off because I found it over by the sewing machine. Once he was was sewn on, I thought he needed a little Christmas cheer so cut out a stocking cap for him. I sewed on some sequins and found a sparkly pom-pom in my stash so sewed that on too. Here he is!
I started sewing on the snowflakes and just bumped the container with the sequins in it....so now my living room rug is sparkly too! LOL!
After I picked them all up and dumped them back into my plastic divider box, I was thinking, "Why did I spend all that time with tweezers separating them by color?!" Oh well, another project for another day. When I went to WalMart the other day to try to find white felt by the yard, they didn't have any. So I bought a pastel pink which coordinates nicely with the blue and goes with the roses on the front. I cut out my stocking shape and carefully pinned it on.
I got about half way round sewing it together last night but then had to hit the trail. When I showed it to the minions this morning, it sparkled in the sun and there was a collective Ooooooo! from all of them. Guess we are all set in the bling department! I will finish this up today and you will see a final picture before it is mailed off to my dear granddaughter Elsa. Have a great day!


P.S.  It's finished! Couldn't wait to add the picture!

Went a little crazy with the snowflakes, but the minions made me do it! LOL! It will be on it's way tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Debra it turned out just darling! I thought it was adorable even before you added all of the sequins and stuffing and the hat, but you really have an eye for this and it is just perfect! I hope her momma shows the blog to her so she can see how much love was put into making this for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jodi for your kindness. These stockings have been an ongoing project for several years now. Four down, one to go! My dear DIL has been so patient, hers is next. May these December days be merry and bright for you and your family!

      Delete