Click on the pictures to make them larger

Sunday, December 6, 2015

It's a Blizzard!

Well, maybe not quite a blizzard, but I did have lots of fun sewing snowflakes on Elsa's Christmas stocking. I started by finishing up Olaf. I even found his missing foot! It must have stuck to me and randomly fell off because I found it over by the sewing machine. Once he was was sewn on, I thought he needed a little Christmas cheer so cut out a stocking cap for him. I sewed on some sequins and found a sparkly pom-pom in my stash so sewed that on too. Here he is!
I started sewing on the snowflakes and just bumped the container with the sequins in it....so now my living room rug is sparkly too! LOL!
After I picked them all up and dumped them back into my plastic divider box, I was thinking, "Why did I spend all that time with tweezers separating them by color?!" Oh well, another project for another day. When I went to WalMart the other day to try to find white felt by the yard, they didn't have any. So I bought a pastel pink which coordinates nicely with the blue and goes with the roses on the front. I cut out my stocking shape and carefully pinned it on.
I got about half way round sewing it together last night but then had to hit the trail. When I showed it to the minions this morning, it sparkled in the sun and there was a collective Ooooooo! from all of them. Guess we are all set in the bling department! I will finish this up today and you will see a final picture before it is mailed off to my dear granddaughter Elsa. Have a great day!


P.S.  It's finished! Couldn't wait to add the picture!

Went a little crazy with the snowflakes, but the minions made me do it! LOL! It will be on it's way tomorrow!