Click on the pictures to make them larger

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Buns & Roses, the Beginning...

If you have been reading my other blog, Twice Across America, you know that my life has been a wee bit exciting lately! So today I took some time off and started working on the latest building in the Minion Village, the instructions look more involved than the Banana Farm but I think we can manage.
The minions aren't very good at instructions, so I guess I am on my own with this one! LOL! Lots of windows in this little build. I started by punching out all the window and door parts.
I ended up with quite a pile of little pieces of wood....hmm, I bet some of these would make nice shutters.
After laying out all the pieces to make sure I have everything, the sanding started.
I'm not going to be finishing the inside of this one so that saves some finishing work. I figured I'd need something translucent for the windows so got out the matte spray and a piece of typing paper. After several coats on each side, I think I have something that will work.
While that was drying, I thought the front door needed a little something. I dug out my coffee stirrers and cut a couple of pieces to fit. I glued the window trim on too as I think this will be painted all the same color....
what color I don't know yet, maybe a nice French blue....I was going to have the inside edges of the windows painted black to match the outside trim, but then realized that the plastic window inserts have white mullions so painted the inside edges white to match.
I started looking at the other buildings in the Minion Village and thought, "You know, it really needs a brick building..."What?! What happened to wild and crazy?! What happened to pink gingham and black trim?! Uh oh, I think I had a re-think. The brick paper I have is a nice color and I do have lots of little pieces left over from the Steampunk Summerhouse and the pieces are just the right size....
What if I use the pink gingham inside the bay window? The flower shop side will have a pretty floral. I think we have a new plan. The minions have been watching this whole process with interest...they said they could smell wood burning, I told them they were wise guys. I think I can glue the basic structure together tomorrow and see where it takes us! Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment