Click on the pictures to make them larger

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My Eyes are Sew Tired!

The laundry was barking around my ankles yesterday so had to deal with some of that first. Then I settled down with my needle and thread and went to work. I started by sewing the heel and toe onto the Christmas stocking.
After the lace was sewn in place, I was admiring my work when one of the minions came into the living room.
He looked over my shoulder and just said, "Needs more bling." Just when you think a project is close to being done....The kits for these do have quite a few sequins on them so I pulled out my box of sequins and pawed through them. After trying out a few different colors, the white ones seemed to look the best so away I went! Sequins were added to the heel and toe,
then I got the bright idea to sew them around the panel too. After a couple of hours, I was about 3/4 of the way around the center panel.
We had some supper, played on our computers for awhile and got ready for bed. Here I am minding my own business, just brushing my teeth, when I get hiccups. Not just little ones, big gulping ones. Nothing would make them leave. So there is Dear Hubby sleeping peacefully and I'm in the living room hiccupping! I figured I may as well work some more on the stocking so proceeded to sew on sequins and beads for another 2 hours. After I was done with the center panel, I decided to sew some on the edge of the white panel along the top.
The hiccups finally stopped when I was just beginning to sew on Olaf.
After a total of 4 hours hand sewing on this, my eyeballs are toast! LOL! I think I'll finish up the laundry and go pick up a few groceries later today, if the rain stops that is....Be careful out there in the weather and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. Can't have too many sparkles, imo. What a wonderful Grammy and Mom you are to spend all the time you do on these beautiful projects. Is this stocking for the same grand that got the mermaid outfit? Has your son received his advent tree yet? Hope the minions and the Captain and Rose are hanging in there while you are tending to your family. - S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you S! I love sparklies too! LOL! This is for the little sister of the one with the mermaid tail. No word on the tree yet, it has made it to his base though. The minions have been my cheering section through it all and the Captain and Rose have been off vacationing in Jamaica.

      Delete