Now that the banana barn is done, that would've made a good name too..., I decided to start the base for it. The laser cut rectangles were on sale in Michael's up near my mom. I should've bought 8, but I wasn't sure if they would work. At .79, I could have, but I am a thrifty Yankee! LOL! The first thing I did was paint one side brown.
I noticed that the sheet moss I want to use is somewhat see-through and didn't want the bare wood to be seen. Also, finally had a brainstorm about how to deal with the very messy moss sheet. I sprayed it with clear matte spray!
The Banana Farmer talked to the newspaper photographer about doing some freelance work on the weekends to take care of the tourists who want their pictures taken.
So he is really getting into owning his own small business. When I showed all of this to my husband, he pointed out that the banana harvester needed a ladder to reach the bananas. So I dug around in my stash of stuff and found a plastic ladder from an old game and cut it down to fit.