Click on the pictures to make them larger

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Applying the Siding and Trim...

I started cutting the pieces of corrugated for the sides first. That way, I can cover the edges with the front and back pieces.  At first, I thought I could just glue these on but then realized I had to put the windows on first. So painted the siding a basic grey and painted all the trim. Since I didn't want to get any paint on the windows, I dry brushed with some Metallic Aluminum paint and then touches of semi-opaque Burnt Sienna.  I'm sure regular Burnt Sienna would work fine, it's just what I had in my shop. I chose a tropical color for the trim because our Banana Farmer is a colorful guy! :)  
The windows were glued onto the outside of the building with a little white Elmer's glue. I just put a thin bead about 1/4" from the edge of the window opening so that none would show on the window when it was squished down.  
Siding was next,
and then I applied the window trim.  Now that I have  this completed to this point, I noticed that it looks similar to the miniature chicken coop I built for my friend Charlie: 
 
After the glue had dried, I cut the end pieces to slightly overlap the edges of the side pieces.  
These will undergo the same process of basic grey first and then once that it dry, they will be dry-brushed to match the sides.  
Almost forgot, I had to put the interior siding on slightly high to allow for the thickness of the sheet moss I glued on the floor. I will be back to show you the front and back dry-brushed and glued in place.  Nighty nite!