Thought you might like to see what kind of artificial plant I started with to make the banana leaves.
I cut the individual leaves that I wanted from the bunch, rounded the end with scissors and then cut them to length with a combination of scissors and my wire cutters. I tried using superglue this time instead of white glue and the progress was much faster....until I got to the last leaf. Then for some reason, I had to go back to the clamps to hold it down long enough to dry.
When both sides were finished, I had to decide what to use for the ridge of the roof. I was going to use sheet moss, but thought that one large leaf would look better. I trimmed the leaf the size and shape I wanted but when I went to glue it on, let's just say it was being very resistant...so I resorted to every builder's alternative...More Clamps!!