Click on the pictures to make them larger

Monday, September 21, 2015

Corrugations and Bananas!

Started more work on the Banana Farmer's building.  Since the inside will be visible, I wanted to put corrugated cardboard on the inside as well as the outside.  The cardboard was packing material from a purchase awhile back...always save interesting stuff!  After thinking about how to apply it, started on the inside first as I felt it would be easier to get at without the roof and floor in place.  I held the cardboard in place with a couple of clothespins and traced around the front opening.  
The other end was done and I used some small sharp scissors to cut the window openings. Started with an exacto knife, but it didn't work as well as the good old scissors.  
The sides were done the same way and I added a bit to the height so it would be flush to the roof when you looked inside.  

I used Craftsmart Grey for a base layer and will add touches of silver and rust to add to the realism.  
I was thinking about metal siding in the jungle and thought there will probably be alot of rust and maybe some green here and there too.  So waiting for paint to dry and then I will start the outside.  I think I'm going to have to paint these pieces before gluing them on as there are going to be windows and I don't want to get paint on them. The Banana Farmer is getting eager to set up shop and ordered another banana tree online.  He has even set up a display of giant bananas for tourists to have their pictures taken with.  
Capitalism has invaded the Minion community! LOL!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment