Click on the pictures to make them larger

Monday, September 25, 2017

The office is squared away....

After Bill applied the second coat of drywall mud to all the holes and grooves in the walls, he sanded lightly
and I took it from there. Fortunately, I had a small jar of the paint we used in this room and it was still good. I really like this color...it's called "Coastlight". These small rollers work great for touch-ups like this.
So this morning was spent with my hammer, nails, measuring tape, and pencil as I wanted to get all the pictures up in the office today. Between climbing all over the furniture and the measuring and hammering, I was working up a sweat! I hung the pictures over my desk and in the corner. Here's the before:
and the after:
I just noticed I don't have a good shot of the wall over the futon before I hung the pictures...but here they are all done.
By the time I started the pictures over the desk, I was getting tired. I actually knocked one off the nail and it fell behind the desk! Fortunately, the glass didn't break, but I did have to glue one of the corners of the frame back together. So here is the before:
and the after of that wall:
You probably noticed the curtain at the window; that is a beautiful quilted wall hanging that my sister-in-law made for Bill for his birthday. She does beautiful work and her seams are always perfect. She is an incredible lady. I think I will see if she has any pieces of the star fabric so I can make a small valance for the top of the window. Bill also put up the bin rack support in my shop for me.

Now I just need to put all the bins back in place. So tomorrow, I have six boxes of books I need to get back into the bookcase, so I will see you then! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment