Click on the pictures to make them larger

Thursday, September 28, 2017

May as well put a sleepless night to good use!

As Bill softly snored, I still felt wired last night so decided to poke around in the shop for a bit. It was about 10:30 when I got up still wide awake. I started putzing and before I knew it, I was up to my elbows in organization! Some of it went into the trash can and the rest found drawers, cubbies, and shelves for their resting places. The ladies from the quilt shop even found a comfy place to sit while they wait for me to get their shop done.
Then I cleaned up the sawdust, rearranged a couple of the lamps and by 2 am, I was done! Here's one work area,
and here is the second one.
I moved the sewing machine over in front of the window where there is even an outlet!
The sewing machine cover was made from a pillowcase that just fit around the bottom of the machine. A couple of old buttons to hold down the corners and my machine is safe from sawdust.
A couple of games of Gummy Drop and I was finally ready to sleep. When I woke up, I was thinking about the treadle sewing machine base that I used to have my Greenleaf Glencroft dollhouse on. Now that the house is on the large display rack, I wasn't sure what to use the base for. There were hundreds of them on Ebay and about a dozen on the local Craigslist, so selling it didn't look like it would work. We've had this since before our daughter was born so it has become one of the family....but, what could I use it for? I checked out projects online that people had used them in and found quite a variety. Everything from sink bases to vanities to all types of tables. I have a very comfortable chair in my living room with no table next to it so I schlepped it out to the living room to see how it would look. What do you think?

With the right top, there will be a place for a reading lamp and a mug of tea. Fits with my quirky style too. Tomorrow I will be cutting more pieces of wood to use for fabric bolts for the quilt shop. I am eager to get started on it again and all this time indoors away from the ragweed will give me time to work on it. Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment