Click on the pictures to make them larger

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Finishing out my new digs...

Remember all those boxes in my dining room?
Well they traveled into the new craft room and I was determined to empty them today. It's amazing how quickly you forget what you have put in what box. I thought all six boxes were full of books....well, I was in for a surprise. So before I started organizing books, I had to come up with spots for all of this....
cans of paint, spray paint and assorted raw material. Good thing I bought that display rack for all the projects because that made space on the white shelves for most of this stuff. After two boxes of supplies were put away or just placed on the bench for future organization, I could finally get to the books. Here is the bookcase before most of the books have been placed.
As I unpacked them, I decided to separate them into categories. One shelf has books specifically about dollhouses, one shelf is for reference books, and a third shelf is for personal books that have meaning to me. Some of these I hadn't looked at in a long while and it was nice to see them again. After the six boxes were empty, I decided to unpack the other three over by the dining room table. These contained dollhouse people and furniture that are waiting for their houses to be finished. Since so many of the supplies are now over the benches, I had room in the bookcase for all of these too. There were a few things that needed small repairs, so those were placed on the bench but I was able to empty those threes boxes too! Ahh! What a sense of accomplishment! LOL! So here is how the bookcase looks right now:
Don't I just look so super organized? Well, then I turned around and this is what the rest of the shop looks like....

As you can see, there is still plenty of work to do! So I had to take a breather after all that so took a picture of the cool thing that Bill brought home for me....a burned out lightbulb! LOL!
Not just any lightbulb though, one that looks like it has a whole steampunk contraption inside of it! I can't wait to come up with something for the Steampunk Summerhouse with it. It has been a very productive day....hope yours has been wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment