Click on the pictures to make them larger

Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Buns part is done!

After doing a fair bit of thinking, I started to work. Since there were such large gaps between the sides and the front of the bay window, I felt that a little trimming was in order.
Once all the supports were the same size, I sanded all the pieces and glued the window trim and the pieces I cut out of scrap for raised panels and let that dry.
I wanted a middle shelf too, so cut one out of a piece of clear plastic I had saved. Whenever I'm out shopping, I keep my eyes open for goodies I can put in the window. I found cakes and bread and some large cupcake buttons.The cupcakes look a little big, but they are a popular item around here.
Once everything was arranged, it was glued in place. Looks yummy already!
While the glue was drying, I went back and put a couple of coats of white paint on the bay pieces.
When those were dry, I glued them in place around the bay.I had an idea for the roof pieces last night so proceeded to cut a small piece of natural sponge and get out the paints for some verdigris! First, I painted each roof piece with three coats of the Bronze and let that dry. Then you lightly sponge paint each color in succession.
Take most of the paint off the sponge on a piece of scrap paper and use a light touch. You can always add more, but it's a longer process to start over. I really like these! Here is one of them glued in place.
Oh, and if you're going to verdigris
 more than one thing, do them all at once. Sometimes if you do the next one later it comes out just a little different. I still wasn't happy with the way the seams looked on the bay window so added a couple of toothpicks for "architectural interest". :) I trimmed out the front door and added a tiny brass fastener for a doorknob that I found in the scrapbook section in Hobby Lobby.

Mmmmm! Looks like this is going to be a popular spot in the Minion Village! Have a great day!