Click on the pictures to make them larger

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Mr. Skellie wants Tea & Sympathy...

Since I knew my two part epoxy on Mr. Skellie's shoulder would be all set now, I went to wake him to go out and give Bill a hand. "What's this!?" I asked, "And where did that afghan come from?"
He said he still didn't feel good and when Marilyn found out he was injured, she overnighted a hand made afghan to him. He said he didn't think he could work today and snuggled deeper under the covers. Quite suddenly, there was a knock at the door...it's Marlene, I whispered. "Quick," he said.."get rid of the afghan!" "I'm only going to do this once." I said. I welcomed Marlene in and she took out her knitting and sat with Mr. Skellie.
Looks like I'll be helping Bill today, you look like you're in good hands with Marlene here. He just smiled and winked at me. I shook my head and went outside to see what I could help Bill with. He had already put up the Z bar and I handed him up the last piece of siding.
Since he wanted a small overhang, he nailed up a 2x4 on each side with a trim piece over that.
I got to hold up the ends with a piece of 2x4 while he nailed each piece in place...mmm, look at those muscles!
Next, he trimmed the ends with the jigsaw so everything's nice and neat.
Since it's hot and humid today, his last job was to trim out the door...not bad for a used door; I managed to pry out the mullions the other day. They would be hard to keep clean and would be sawdust collectors in the shop.
Since I have plenty of paint left over from painting the front door, I'll paint this red too. After he put everything away, he came in and showered and we went out to Lowe's to pick up electrical boxes and some interior lighting. We found some fluorescent light fixtures that were marked down from $69 to $20 so snagged those right away, perfect shop lights. After a little more shopping, we headed home and Bill is back out there putting some final touches to the front edges of the roof. Looks like we'll need a couple more bundles of shingles to finish, but now it is pretty much weather tight. Looks like Mr. Skellie will be needing some physical therapy for that arm....hmmm, scrubbing the bathroom should do the trick...LOL! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment