Click on the pictures to make them larger

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Midnight Ramblings....

We had some chicken noodle soup and corn muffins for supper and my stomach started complaining soon after. So here I am up late waiting for my long suffering tummy to settle down. May as well do some more stonework! I was sitting there quietly tearing up an egg carton when I had the feeling I was being watched. You know, when the hair on your neck starts to prickle and you have this fight or flight sensation starting up. I looked around and found the culprits.
They all waved and hollered hello and said how they really want me to do up this castle for them. "What?!" I said. "I just built you guys a whole village..." Turns out they've been watching videos of castles online and now want a vacation spot. I just know they are going to want egg carton stonework on that whole thing.....I don't even want to think about it! I just shook my head and went to work on the other side of the church. Now I'm going to have nightmares of egg cartons chasing me...Got the side done with the first coat of glue and set it aside to dry.
I'm finding out that the pastor is a night owl like I have been lately and he came by with a question. He explained that he has fallen several times from the podium and was wondering if I would glue his feet down so we wouldn't have that problem. I said it could be done, but how would he get around that way. (I know he is a fan of those banana donuts over at Buns & Roses) He said, "Simple! I'll just take my shoes off!" Sounds like a plan! So here he is all glued on.
The old tummy was still complaining so I figured I'd finish typing up my journal for Twice Across America . I wanted to be able to copy and paste sections of the old journal into the new one when we start in less than 2 1/2 weeks! I only had a few pages left; when I was done, the glue was dry on the church so added another coat. That dried overnight and we only have the front left to do!
Then I have to decide what color to paint the front doors....any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment