Click on the pictures to make them larger

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Bubble Wrap and Stained Glass....

All was quiet in the house when I heard a faint popping sound. Since I was still awake, I got up to have a look. I heard it again and figured it was coming from my shop. When I turned on the light, there was Bob having a good old time with a piece of bubble wrap he found!
We both laughed and I thought I may as well do some work on the church since I was up. The rest of the minions were having a party over at Outback Steakhouse so I thought I would start one of the stained glass windows. I had a piece of stained glass look vinyl
left from the window I did in our camper
so thought I could use a piece of it in the church.  I cut out a circle the size of the trim and glued it on. Then glued the clear window that came in the kit over it.
After letting that dry for a bit, I glued it in place.
This is actually the third try...the first time, I glued the stained glass piece in backwards and had to take it apart. The second time I didn't let the whole thing dry enough before glueing it on the church and it slipped around and got glue all over....counted to ten on that one! LOL! So while that was drying, I went over to see what Bob was up to. Well, seems the word has gotten around about the fairy village and the minions want in pretty badly. So they have been resorting to some interesting tactics to prove they qualify. Here's Bob,
then Kevin got in the act too...of course his had to be bigger...
I said, "Hey, where did you guys get this stuff?" Then I looked at my bench! Holy smokes what a mess!
Looks like I'll be busy tomorrow cleaning this up and organizing it. So we have made a little bit of progress and hopefully it will continue. Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. That was lucky with the vinyl thingy. That made a perfect stained glass window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tam! The leftovers were just too pretty to throw away.

      Delete
  2. You have the best ideas when it comes to re-purposing stuff! It looks wonderful! I am with you on the counting to 10 thing! My egg carton stones are certainly testing my patience!

    Can't wait to see all of the treasures you find along the way for your fairy cottage! Washington's forests are a treasure trove! I recommend some Huckleberry branches! They are really neat because they have small knots that are in scale for tiny projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Thanks Jodi! The lady who came up with this method recently changed it. She now dips each piece totally in glue and then places it. Might be a bit quicker for you. What does a Huckleberry look like? Would you like to meet us in Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it!

    Here is a link to a photo of a huckleberry bush:

    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1025/3105/files/wf_bushhuckles_large.jpg?125306049080046980

    And here is a link to some info about them:

    https://colleenmiko.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/winter-arrangements-with-deciduous-huckleberry-plant-fix/

    They are kind of reddish in color at certain times and more grey/brown at others. I always get mine in summer/fall on vacation, so I am not sure what they look like in spring. They are very bendy and wonderful to work with, so I hope you can find some!

    When are you guys coming through Seattle?

    ReplyDelete