Click on the pictures to make them larger

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Grumpy Minions and The Church...

Had a sleepless night last night so found my way into the shop to see what kind of trouble I could get into. I heard a lot of grumbling and mumbling coming from my tool bag and suddenly remembered that I left the minions in one of the pockets! All week!
It was with many apologies and promises of banana donuts that they were released and went their separate ways. I got a few dirty looks and comments like, "We have businesses to run you know!". So while they were busy tidying their shops and restaurants, I got started on the church. Well, all you have to do is take one of these little buildings with you for a week and they start getting new ideas. (If you want to know what we were up to all week, hop on over to Twice Across America )This church was going to be an American Gothic style with board and batten siding and gingerbread dripping from the eaves, painted a soft yellow with white trim. Well, this little building was having none of that! So as it was telling me all its wants, I started to glue it together. Two sets of walls went together and I made sure they were square.
Those grids on the cutting mat come in handy. Started glueing in the floor
and then everything was clamped in place. You can never have too many clamps! LOL!
This is what it looks like out of the clamps
and then with the first step of the exterior.
"What is she up to now?" you may ask. Well, it's going to be a.......naw, not telling until tomorrow! Have a great day! It's spring here in Tennessee!

No comments:

Post a Comment