Click on the pictures to make them larger

Friday, March 4, 2016

Interior Decorating...

The minions have decided on colors for their church. I was going to paint it white, but then realized that this was a minion church and they might like something a little different. After much discussion, and maybe a bit of arguing and bonking each other in the head a few times, they made a decision. The meeting went on for so long that they started to get hungry and when minions get hungry they start thinking about bananas. So one of them said, "How about a nice pale yellow with white trim just like banana cream pie..." Well, that got everyone drooling and with a hasty "Meeting's over!" they all ran over to Buns & Roses for some of those banana donuts and I hear they've also added banana cream pie in honor of the new color. So this is what it looks like after a couple of coats.
It's hard to get a good picture of it but I will keep trying as we go along. I got the last coat of white on the pulpit
and while I was out doing the Walmart thing the other day, I found some cross charms and one of them fit on the front just right. I clipped off the ring on the top with my wire cutters and glued it on with some 527 cement.
That was all I got done today. I'll put on a couple more coats of paint on the interior and then it can be glued together and I can start the board and batten on the outside. When Dear Hubby came home last night, he brought me a surprise! If you've been following my other blog, Twice Across America , you'll see the trip we have planned this summer. This tool bag will hold many of my tools so that I can "mini across America".
We are leaving the beginning of May and when the time gets closer, I will go over packing up and what I'll be bringing with me to work on while I wait for Bill on his bicycle. But for now, work continues on the Minion Village! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to have been remiss in commenting. Your ingenuity with this village is awe inspiring. I have all three villages sets plus a couple other accessory kits and have never gotten much past the Christmas theme idea in my head. Your minions are quite the lucky bunch to have landed in your corner of the woods. Hope you'll be able to continue mini-ing while on your trip. Congratulations all the way around. - S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S! It's good to see you out and about again! All the minions say..."Hi!!!!" I have more plans for the rest of the Greenleaf Village kits for the summer, can't wait to get started!

      Delete