Click on the pictures to make them larger

Friday, May 15, 2020

Mother's Day, Plants and Painting...

Wanted to show off my Mother's Day cards! My daughter and some of the girls had a whole art project going.
The words were heartfelt and made the day bright. Lots of hugs and well wishes from the boys and my heart was lifted. I am so grateful for these sweet children that I have the privilege to live near in my motorhome. I took the cards down today to set aside with the other things that I save. Didn't get a whole lot done this week, but after painting the walls the other day, I got to thinking that I probably should paint the underside of the roof parts too. So after putting all the pieces in place, I marked the areas with a pencil so I would know where to end the Suede color paint.
This is the first coat and I thought I might as well put a second coat on all the trim pieces too.
Also as proof that I am my own worst enemy sometimes, I was trying to shut the window shade and the Summerhouse lurched and I snapped loose some of the front bumper...sigh. Looks like I will need to fix that too.
And on a different note, I have been working on putting tomato plants in pots and putting up a new hummingbird feeder. I found a cute little hanging pot of petunias at Walmart (only 5 bucks) and now I have a whole little garden going on the side of the motorhome.
We still need more dirt there and have to have it smoothed and seeded, but for now I am enjoying my little plants. The weather was glorious here today...I hope that you were able to spend some time in the fresh air and dig in the dirt. Oh, I bought a big bag of organic potting soil and was diving in with both hands to fill the pots for the tomatoes. I was pretty dirty and while I rested after, I read the back of the empty bag....would you believe there was bat guano in it?! I'm sure it was sterilized, but I washed my hands REAL good after! LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. You are indeed so fortunate to have all the grandkids close at hand! I bet they took great pride in making cards for grandma! I love your little garden slice! It's so much fun to get your hands into the dirt, until the moment you realize what's in in, lol!

    ReplyDelete