Click on the pictures to make them larger

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Tablet to TV...

Had a project opportunity pop up on Friday that I just couldn't resist. When I walked into my daughter's house to take my shower, I saw my new son-in-law putting something interesting into the trash. I peeked over his shoulder and asked what he was throwing away. The youngest grandchild had broken his tablet and he was getting rid of it. I claimed the parts and now Mr. Skellie can't wait to see a big screen TV for his drawer. Yeah, I said he had one the other day, but he was telling me a story. So this is what I started with.
I went in the garage to hunt up some cardboard and looked through my wood drawer for some strip wood. Mr. Skellie helped me cut the cardboard for the back
and we started the strip wood for the frame.
Once the first strip was clamped, we worked our way around. Those little multicolored clamps are handy but every time I set the piece down, the clamps would shoot off across the bench.
Mr. Skellie would run after them and we were just having a jolly time trying to keep those things on. I used a piece of railing for the bottom, but it just didn't look finished.
After thinking about it for awhile, I built a base for it and called it done.
While the glue was drying, I was thinking that the Summerhouse  might need a source of heat in case there's a cold snap somewhere while they are out traveling. I had a stove Christmas ornament that I ran across in the garage and thought it would look pretty tough with some rivets. I was so excited about how it was looking that I almost forgot to take a picture before I painted it all!
I wasn't really happy with the first coat of black paint but here it is for now.
I had a bottle of artist's medium that I used on the rest of the Summerhouse and it had a nice finish. So I will be looking for more of that to finish up the stove and the frame for the TV. I want to sand the frame to round the edges a bit, then the painting will begin. Thanks for stopping by and remember the fallen this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. El Sr. Skellie va a estar encantado con su nueva tv!!! La estufa ya va teniendo el aspecto adecuado!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! Though I can never get something done fast enough for Mr. Skellie...he is very impatient!

      Delete
  2. I have seen people use phones for TVs in their dollhouses,complete with a show running on it! Great idea with the tablet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I have left of the tablet are the guts and the front screen...just a thin piece of plastic. But who knows what magical things occur in the shop while we sleep...

      Delete