Click on the pictures to make them larger

Monday, May 11, 2020

Bits and Pieces...

Woke up this morning with the urge to work on the Summerhouse. Breakfast can wait! I found some shutter holdbacks or shutter dogs. They were going to be used on another build that got left behind in one of our last moves so they were just floating around in a drawer in the garage. I was thinking that the Summerhouse should have a couple of these so that the shutters wouldn't clatter in the wind as the Captain and Rose are driving down the road. I dug out my small hammer and made short work of mounting them to the house.

Then I realized that the front door didn't have an interior knob...so I searched my bench drawer and found one that Rose approved of. A little glue, a couple of clamps
and that was done too. The stained glass was from a Christmas card.
I had chosen a very pretty blue for the upstairs walls but when I pulled out a piece of the verdigris roof pieces, it clashed pretty bad. I tried a few possibilities and settled on a color called Suede. It's the same color as all the trim will be on the first floor and I think it will work for what I have in mind. I used a piece of brown paper bag to sand the blue paint
and then painted a section to see if I liked it.
This will lighten up as it dries so I continued around the room with it.
While I had the paint out, I searched through my drawer of wood pieces and pulled out all the trim I thought I might need for the downstairs after the wallpaper goes up. Put the first coat on
and washed out my brush. It's evening now and it's quiet here in Motorhome Central as Mr. Skellie calls it. The Big Guy is snoring softly and I think I will go join him. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Buena idea poner los topes para que el viento no haga golpear las contraventanas,el pomo muy bie y ese color me gusta,seguro que funcionará!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I do like the suede color! So creamy and serene! And I love waking up some days and knowing exactly what I want to accomplish on a project! There's practically nothing more exciting! I really enjoy your photos from this project - there is always such wonderful detail to see!

    ReplyDelete