Click on the pictures to make them larger

Friday, April 24, 2020

Sticky Fingers...

One good thing about heartburn, I'm here spending time with you! Got a few things done since we last talked...I received my order of watch parts that I enjoy using in my steampunk creations. So in diehard fashion, I sorted them with tweezers!
After getting googly eyed doing that for an hour or so, I was curious as to where the back door to the Steampunk Summerhouse was located. Mr. Skellie had been poking around in the garage the other day and stumbled across a box marked "steampunk furniture". I was hoping I was smart enough at the time to put the door in the same box. Plus, I kinda didn't want to wait until the house was done to open it! LOL! So went out to the garage and found it and hauled it into the motorhome. Once it was open, here's what was inside.
As I carefully unwrapped each piece, my heart sank just a little as I saw that there were quite a few repairs to be made. It's hard to tell in the picture, but just about everything needs at least one thing glued back on.
I went off to bed and decided to tackle it all the next day. When morning came, I noticed the difference between my kitchen
and my craft area...
guess I am a messy crafter! LOL! I got to work and got out my different glues, that I had found a couple of weeks ago fortunately, and started in. I was actually enjoying myself putting these things back together and had to check old pictures on a couple of them to see how things went. After a couple hours work, it was time to let the glue dry. So here is everything drying nicely.

I think I will line a box with a few layers of quilt batting to store them until I get them placed in the summerhouse. So in my next post, we will be fitting the flooring into the summerhouse so we can make some progress! Oh! And The Captain and Rose came back from Figi just in time!
Thank-you for stopping by, see you again soon!
P.S. I found the door too!

4 comments:

  1. Oh what marvelous pieces you've created for this house! No wonder it is so exciting to get it put together again! The captain and Rose must be cracking the whip at you to get 'er done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que piezas tan bonitas tienes preparadas para esa casa! me gusta mucho el estilo,ten cuidado,el Capitán y Rose te estarán vigilando para que no dejes de trabajar en ellas ni un momento,mueren de la impaciencia,igual que yo jajaja!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of interesting things for the summerhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you all so much! It is so good to be back working on this again!

    ReplyDelete