Click on the pictures to make them larger

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Flooring and Just a Few Gears...

I wanted to get the floor painted so the plywood would be sealed in preparation for the flooring paper.  I was busy helping my mom that day so when I came home I found Mr. Skellie had painted himself into a corner!
He wanted to surprise me and have it all done by the time I got back. He was complaining that his feet were sore from standing in the corner since noon. "Noon?!" I said. So I told him to go soak his weary bones and I would finish the job.
Once it was finished, I dragged myself off to bed where I slept like a dead person. The next morning, I cracked open the new tub of border paste and spread it on the floor. I read that suggestion somewhere a while back and now I prefer doing that to trying to put paste on the paper itself. The border paste looks like thick Elmer's glue and I use a full size paintbrush to apply it. Positioned the paper and it was done!
It had a few little ripples show up, but as the paper dried, they settled down. Can't really do anything else until it dries all the way so I thought I would show you some keys I found online.
Not sure what I'm going to make with them yet, but some of the small ones in the upper left of the picture look like they would make great door keys for the Summerhouse. Rose was hinting around that she would like one on a chain to wear around her waist so I will be hunting for chain in the garage tomorrow. When I was done poking around with those, I decided to cover the pencil sharpener hole in the helm with some of the gears and tiny watch parts that have arrived. It had been awhile since I steampunked anything so had to play around with some different ideas until I got my groove back. I was pretty happy with the finished product
and when I unpack all the other pieces, I think I will be adding a little more detail to them also. Next up will be wallpaper! Then trim and lights! I'm getting excited to see this coming together at last. Oh, and the workshop will be getting a surprise tomorrow! I'll put up pictures so you can see too. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I love old keys,and those tiny ones are very pretty. I have a bunch myself. I used some of them as the keys to my kids' dollhouses,and I'm still trying to think of how to use the others. I just like playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought some might be cool as necklaces...key-to-my-heart kind of thing

      Delete
  2. Veo que todo va encajando y pegando bien! Esas pequeñas llaves van a ser muy versátiles en tus manos.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting progress! I love the oval opening in the second floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! My husband cut that for me and I have some fun plans for a chandelier there...

      Delete