Click on the pictures to make them larger

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Furniture storage and Flooring

Now that I have all of the Steampunk furniture repaired, I was wondering where to store it to keep it safe. I remembered that I had a roll of quilt batting in my daughter's garage so pulled that down off a shelf and carried it back to the motorhome. I brought the box they were all packed in too as I had an idea. I put down a layer of the batting, some of the Steampunk pieces,
folded the batting over it and added the more fragile pieces, then folded it over them
and ended up adding a couple of more pieces that I found at the back of my bench. Now that they were all safely packed, where do I put the box?! I was going to put it back in the garage but realized there was a certain amount of risk involved in that decision. So I decided to put it under our bed in the back which is a great place to store things. I moved some things around and it just fit!
Now, on to the flooring project! I started with a couple of pieces of lined paper and cut and taped it together until I had a good pattern.
With just a little bit of anxiety, I traced the pattern onto the flooring paper and cut it out.
With  a little trimming here and there, it fit in quite nicely and Rose just wanted to sit there and admire it.
I remember what I wanted to use for wallpaper upstairs but not quite sure what the downstairs was going to be. I looked back at all the posts about this build and I didn't talk about it so I guess I will have to just decide! I started on the upstairs pattern last night and didn't finish it. When I came out this morning, Mr. Skellie  was examining my work and let me know that there was a big gap in the pattern
and since when did I think I could install flooring....blah, blah, blah. I finished up the pattern and of course, he wanted to take all the credit.
He was breathing down my neck while I was cutting the flooring piece, which is scrapbook paper by the way. After it was fitted in place, he exclaimed that he needed a break so I let him chill.
Now I have to decide if I want to glue this down with spray glue or use the border paste I have...any suggestions? Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Has escogido un buen lugar para almacenar todos los elementos de la casa,ahí estarán seguros!
    Los suelos me gustan mucho,menos mal que el Sr. Skellie te avisó de la grieta,aunque luego se quiera llevar todo el mérito,por lo menos,esta vez,tenía razón! Ahora está perfecto.
    Yo si no voy a quitar los papeles,prefiero el pegamento normal al de aerosol,tuve problemas con él al paso del tiempo ya que se me despegaba por algunas zonas.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bones about it- Skeletons can be such a bother at times, but you laid a Great looking floor, despite his breathing down your neck! :D

    ReplyDelete