Click on the pictures to make them larger

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

My cousin is on his way!

Debra has finally made some time for me and my cousin. I mean, I like Debra's mom and everything, but like I've said before, my family of skellies are the center of her universe! She was trying to think of a good way for my cousin to travel and I thought of those cool wooden caskets she brought home a while back. Once we found one though, we tried this way
and that way
and my cousin just wouldn't fit...she could have just cut his legs off, but he wasn't too keen on that idea and didn't want to give Tammy a DIY project right at the get go; so Debra went looking in her storage closet for something else for him to travel in.  I made sure to tie a rope around her ankle in case she got lost in there and couldn't find her way out. There were a few thumps and bangs and I thought I heard a bad word, but I could have been mistaken...She came out a little red in the face and her hair was all funny but she was gripping a Savvy Minerals box complete with some fantastic black packing material.
I looked it over and thought it looked like it would be comfortable enough for the trip. My cousin was starting to have second thoughts about traveling alone so I let him have one of the cats to take with him.
He asked if Debra could cut a hole in the box so he could see out and get a little air if he needed to. (Ever since the MRI he's been prone to claustrophobia, the Big Guy totally understands.) I know I say some sketchy things about Debra sometimes, but she can be nice when she wants to be and she quickly cut a  hole in the lid for him.
She then went back into the closet to find a shipping box and found her way out without incident this time. Of course, we had to make sure the hole was in the right place so my cousin tried it out before we put him in the packing box.
After the bubble wrap was put in, I asked him if he could breathe okay..he shook his head yes
and we sealed him up!
We made a hair raising trip to the post office to make sure we got there before they closed. I think she drives faster when she has country music on and is singing at the top of her lungs, but what do I know. We made it with 5 minutes to spare, all in one piece too! When the post office guy asked if there was anything alive in the box, she said "No". I would have raised my eyebrows if I had any, but kept quiet until we were back in the truck. "Why did you lie to the post office guy?" I asked. "About what?" she said. I told her you know, about my cousin...he's alive! She told me that she didn't think the post office guy would understand and anyway, it was none of his business. So my cousin is on his way to his new home and I think I'm kind of jealous...I hear Tammy has lots of dollies and I can just see him flirting with all of them! Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Debra Your posts just make my day! So funny and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! And your page is so full of wonderful things that you make!

      Delete
  2. Just to let you,and your readers know, Mr. Skelie's cousin arrived yesterday. He's still in one piece,which is pretty good for a skeleton! I thought the black packing squiggles were a perfect touch. Luckily I am not allergic to cats,(as you asked.) since we have 9! I am happy to welcome Mr. Skellie's cousin's cat,and Mr. Skellie's cousin's cat's pet fish! (Is that a pet, or lunch?) I have a gift planned for Mr. Skellie,and his cousin has volunteered to help with it. So, as soon as I can get my act together,I'll get started on it. When it's on it's way I'll let you know. Just wondering though,are Mr. Skellie and his cousin,(We've gotta get this guy a name!), 'identical twin cousins'? (Hey, I watched "The Patty Duke Show".) It's kind of important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not twins, just a strong family resemblance...Mr. Skellie's cousin would be proud to have you name him...Not too swift today, I caught the flu from my grandchildren...

      Delete
    2. Just needing to know if they are the exact same size...like,could they share clothes or something? (The surprise is not clothes, but...)I'm being purposely cryptic here.

      Delete
    3. Yes they are the same size...Mr. Skellie doesn't like to talk about it, but back in China he says he just remembers lots of molds and molten plastic then he gets the heebie jeebies and runs back to the shop.

      Delete
    4. Thanks. Poor Mr. Skellie! Makes me think of that scene in the clone works in "Attack of the Clones".

      Delete