Click on the pictures to make them larger

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Mr. Skellie is worried...

To begin with, I woke up from a sound sleep to the sound of a backhoe about 20 feet from my house. "What on earth...who does this stuff at 10:30 at night?" When I peeked out of the blinds, there was a whole work crew digging up on the corner; a water line must have broken and our quick acting public works people were out there getting the job done. Since I was already awake, I decided to walk down the hall to my shop...hmm, there's a light on in there...I crept in very quietly to see Mr. Skellie looking through my stash of plastic pieces.

He lined up a few plastic parts and was concentrating on them...what was he up to?
He fished around through my glue basket
and pulled out a sheet of glue dots.
He applied the glue dot and stuck one of the plastic pieces to himself.
When I threw on the other work light, he spun around and knocked over the mirror he had pulled out.
"What are you doing?" I said. "Is that a ....cup?! Are you concerned about something?" I asked. "Baseballs." he said. He went on to explain that he woke up when he heard the backhoe and started surfing the web looking at funny Superbowl commercials. Of course, he started watching banned ones and stumbled on to one done by Rolling Rock. Well, I had to see it, so I did a search and this is what I found: Rolling Rock Commercial
I was sitting there giggling and laughing and Mr. Skellie had a disgusted look on his face. "What are you laughing at? There is real danger out there and I want to protect myself!" I tried to keep a straight face as he marched off...he had to keep sticking the cup back on because every few feet it would fall off and roll across the floor.
Plus, I didn't have the heart to tell him that that particular piece of plastic was from an old broken baby rattle...we'll just keep that to ourselves, shall we? Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment