Click on the pictures to make them larger

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A Small Challenge...

Well, first of all, when I walked into the shop tonight I was greeted with hoots and hollers from the Minions and a "Hey! Wide Load's back!" from the skellie's section of the shop. I pretended to ignore them and went about my business digging out a piece of stripwood and glue and paint. "She's going to make something! Woo! Hoo!" I think that one actually came from the Quilt Shop...So I started giggling and they all knew I was indeed back! Since it's down to 15 degrees outside and we turn our heat down to 59 at night...yup, that's not a typo; I turned up my little heater in the shop
and am nice and cozy in here. When I posted a picture of Mr. Skellie's new game, Tammy suggested that I add a base to the game to make it higher for him. She was concerned he might get a subluxation and would have to make a trip to the chiropractor. I had to take the batteries out of the game to get him to stop playing so he was a little irritated with me. I was originally going to use some pieces of paint stick for the base but it would have made it too tall. After thinking some more, I found some 3/4" stripwood
and proceeded to cut the pieces to size.
A little sanding,
a little glue and it fit just right.
When the glue was dry, the base was painted black and set aside to dry.
While I waited, I put tools away and organized my basket of various glues and cements. I used the white glue super glue to glue the base on
and I think Mr. Skellie approves!
In fact, he said that Tammy ought to message me on Facebook with her address and he would send one of his cousins to stay with her. Sounded good to me! I am off to bed now, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment