Click on the pictures to make them larger

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A Forgotten Friend...

Went to visit my mom last week and Mr. Skellie wanted to come for the ride. But with the lunches out, the thrift store visits and a very funny jam session with my mom on the auto harp and me on a guitar that was strung for a lefty, he kind of got forgotten...I traveled back home and unpacked everything and collapsed in my recliner. The next day, I heard a funny rustling sound in the shop. When I went in to investigate, there was Mr. Skellie still in the ziploc bag.
Oopsie! So he is not speaking to me right now. Since my little friend is still having a hissy fit, I decided to go outside and take care of some very necessary bush trimming.
I hauled out all the tools from my shop, Bill's shop, and the shed and decided to have a go at it.
Mind you, I have not used this thing before but I thought, "How hard can it be?" There was a very large carpenter bee that was very interested in the goings on...in other words, I was getting dive bombed. He was keeping the yellow jackets and wasps away, so I put up with his shenanigans. My original plan was to take these bushes down by a third...LOL! What was I thinking!? By the time I got to this point,
my back and arms were spent, I was sweating bullets, and I had to go sit down. My little baby muscles kept asking "What have you done to us!?" and then I got a sharp pain in my back and couldn't take a deep breath. After a nice ice pack, all was well and the chiropractor today assured me that everything was fine. Once I can lift my arms again, I will have another go at it...guess I am just a sucker for punishment. So I have been informed that Mr. Skellie has decided to exact revenge on me. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked. He gave me a cold stare from his dark eye sockets...I will keep you updated....Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment