Click on the pictures to make them larger

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Back from the dead...I think.

Finally on the mend around here! Mr. Skellie and his cat did their best while I was under the weather and they are relieved to be able to go back to what they do best...sit around on their bony butts! LOL! This past weekend, I was feeling much better so Mr. Skellie did come out to Bill's shop to give me a hand with a little project. Bill and I have had a stack of license plates that we've been carrying around with us for quite awhile now. They are from most of the places we've lived during our 42 years of marriage. Bill finally came up with a good idea of how to display them. Since I'm the chief decorator around here, I was glad to join him in the new addition to his shop. He handed me his hammer and fixed up the ladder for me and Mr. Skellie and I went to work.
He handed me the nails and watched from the top of the shop light. Well, every time I missed the nail he would start snickering and there were a few times the nail went right through the air...obviously something was wrong with this hammer. "This must be a trick hammer." I said. Mr. Skellie just laughed and said, "Operator error!" No sympathy around here that's for sure. "I know," I said, "You're handing me rubber nails!" "Wrong again!" he said. I offered to give him a go at it and he said his arm hurt. So between him snickering and the nails flying, I got the giggles and then I couldn't hammer at all! Well, I was trying to nail into OSB...weird stuff. So I soldiered on and got the first row done and started on the second row.
Whew, just a few more to go.
Lot's of fun memories up there for sure.
Here's the finished product!
Even Mr. Skellie had to approve.
I think I'll go take a nap now...It will be back to the fabric shop in a few days. Trying to get back in control of my kitchen and the rest of the house. When everybody's sick, chaos reigns for sure! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment