Click on the pictures to make them larger

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Parties and Presents!

We had a whirlwind day here! Mr. Skellie and I were invited to a cookie swap and tea party at Marlene's house. Mr. Skellie was so excited that he was going to get to see Marlene that he was hopping all around the shop. He spent alot of time in front of the mirror...he wanted to look just right. While he was primping, I was baking cookies in the kitchen. He came flying in yelling, "I forgot about the cookies!" I told him not to worry, I would share the cookie dough with him. He got to work right away shaping some oatmeal raisin cookies but after only a dozen he said his hands were tired and he was going to take a break. He dug around in my china cabinet looking for something to put his cookies in saying that presentation was everything. He placed his cookies on one corner of the cookie sheet and kept a close eye on them while they baked.
When we arrived at Marlene's, he joined us at the table and showed off his cookies to the ladies.
He spent time with each lady flirting as usual. He laughed with Susie,
made googly eyes at Sharon....he especially liked her hair...
and sighed when he could at last spend time with his beloved Marlene.
I think he's a party animal like his mother...her picture is on Mr. Skellie's Facebook page. After we had all finished our tea and ate more cookies than we should have, we said good-bye and headed home to wrap Christmas presents. The boxes were a little big for him to handle, so I put Mr. Skellie in charge of writing the tags for the gifts.
After he stuck them on the packages, I read a few and rolled my eyes.



He gets creative sometimes. I was getting ready to wrap some undies for myself and he was ogling the picture on the package.
"Is this what you will look like in these!? Wow!" he exclaimed. I told him to calm down and get back to writing tags. So this is the one he wrote for the undies...
Then he saw the undershirts I was wrapping for Bill...
"Whats with you guys and the underwear?" he asked. What can I say...we both needed some. Then he saw the funny surprise that arrived in the mail, so Mr. Skellie thought he would make friends.
I think he was just goofing off, just sayin'. When the last package was wrapped and put under the tree, I sat down and just enjoyed the lights and Christmas music playing and rested from all the things we accomplished.
Can't wait for Christmas! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment