Click on the pictures to make them larger

Friday, December 1, 2017

It's curtains for you!

You may remember a couple of months ago that I moved my shop to the bigger bedroom. The smaller room became the new office. My sister-in-law made a beautiful quilted wall hanging for my husband for his birthday and it made the perfect curtain for the window in there.
But you know me, it needed something more...I asked my sister-in-law where she purchased the fabric and went to see if I could find it. Whew! Quilt fabric is a regular investment now! After my wallet was considerably lighter, I came home with my 2 yards of starry material. Since the butterflies are up, the valance for the office window was the next project to clear out of my shop. Valances are just rectangles, but seem to require alot of math....
I don't want to math this early in the morning! I figured out what all the hems would have to be and how much material I needed and started in. I ironed the side hems first and then went to use my sewing machine.
Guess what, the foot pedal refused to work. I checked the plug and the wire and then Mr. Skellie came over to take a look. "How long has it been since you used it last?" he asked. I said probably a year or more. "No wonder it doesn't work, I bet all the electricity is stuck somewhere in the wire....maybe you should put some oil on the prongs of the plug so the electricity will slide easier inside the cord..." he said.
"You really think that will work?" I asked. I'm usually a pretty game gal, but that didn't sound quite right to me so I kept playing with the pedal. I finally found that if I took my shoe off and pushed on the pedal with my heel instead of my toes that it would work.
Hey, whatever works...So after considerable ironing and stitching, progress was being made.
Mr. Skellie was trying his best to help, but almost got himself stitched into the curtain.
Had to do some more math
and found that I had miscalculated so just kind of winged it from there. Mr. Skellie was really proud of our accomplishment
and now the window dressing is complete!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment