Click on the pictures to make them larger

Monday, April 13, 2020

New Paints and the Summerhouse...

Here it is late at night and Mr. Skellie is snoring over in his drawer. He's all tuckered out from putting all my bottles of paint into the paint holder. Yes, all the paint arrived from Michael's at last!
He couldn't wait to open the package and start organizing the bottles.
He also helped haul in the project on the craft table....and....it's... the Rolling Brickpile Steampunk Summerhouse! It looked so sad in the box in the garage gathering dust that I just had to bring it in the motorhome and try to bring it back to life.
For those of you that have followed this blog for quite some time, you will recognize it; for anyone unfamiliar with it, check out the Labels on the right that will lead you to the many posts about building it. Since the Captain and Rose have been in Figi for quite awhile soaking up the sunshine, I thought it would be a good time to finish up their summerhouse as a surprise. Once I got it out of the box, I noticed the broken and bent parts that will need fixing.

I was originally going to electrify it with tape wire but Rose thought that it would be less mobile that way. So for the last couple of years, I've been buying battery operated lights every time Hobby Builder's Supply had a sale. I have about ten lights so far; fortunately, I stashed most of them in the same box as the summerhouse. Repairs, wallpaper, interior trim, and lights and then I can open the box with all the steampunk furniture in it and see what awaits us there! I found some border paste for the wallpaper too, so will work on finding the wallpaper when our repairs are done. Thank-you for joining the journey!
P.S. Also found my little chop saw up in the shed...Woo! Hoo!

5 comments:

  1. This is going to be so much fun to follow! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the process. It's nice to see that Mr. Skellie making use of his new apron too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encantará acompañarte durante el proceso!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a FANTABULOUS project which is so appropriate especially now that Real Life Tiny Houses on wheels, are trending all over youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you all so much for your encouragement! It has been a long way back after our son-in-laws death but it feels good to be back!

    ReplyDelete