Click on the pictures to make them larger

Friday, May 8, 2020

Success and Failure

It's a rainy day here in Tennessee so started to play around with some replacement window trim for the Summerhouse. The original pieces are all nice and painted and somewhere in a box in my daughter's garage so I thought it would be easy peasy to just make a couple of new ones out of cardboard. Well, I don't know if it was the full moon, my fingers, or my scissors but after several tries
I gave it up and went and played a computer game for awhile. It doesn't show in the picture, but they were pretty rough. So after thinking about it for awhile, decided to come at it from a different direction. So these are the first steps...

Set that aside to dry and want to tell you about a cool thing I saw online.
In fact, there were quite a few pictures of an octopus on a ship's wheel so I thought that might be cool to add to the Summerhouse.. After a delicious lunch INSIDE Chili's, went shopping IN Hobby Lobby! Wow did I miss that place! I found an octopus that I thought would work and brought him home with us. (He was also 50% off)
I used a small pair of nippers to cut the ring off the back. A few smears of 527 glue and a few clamps and we wait for the glue to dry!
Oooo! I am really liking this!
But Mr. Skellie has a few misgivings about having an octopus on board.
So as I was finishing up, he was having a long discussion with it about who the boss is around here...I have a feeling it's not me...next he'll want to drive the motorhome. So you know those cabinets up above the workbench? One of them is now craft storage! Woo! Hoo! So I found a place for all these things
and started getting the loose stuff off the bench to diminish what I need to put away when we want to go someplace.
So I will see you next time and I will sit here and watch paint dry! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of great things in one day! It's funny how much we appreciate a lunch out and a little shopping trip after having been deprived of those simple pleasures for weeks! The photo really does make the window frames look fine, but I know what a challenge it is to cut well from card, especially curved lines! I could not do it so had to get the Cricut. I am eager to see the work-around!
    The ships wheel adorned with the new octopus is such a fun feature! When Mr. Skellie realizes that the guy can't get off the wheel, he'll feel good and in charge again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ships wheen and the octopus are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete