Click on the pictures to make them larger

Monday, March 30, 2020

Mattresses and Sofas...

Hey Everyone! Well, I was outside enjoying the beautiful weather and decided to go into Motorhome Central to see if Debra has anything available to eat. Uh oh, I turned the corner and this is what I saw:
I tell you, it's never a good sign when you come home and a mattress has been thrown outside...so I climbed over it the best I could to investigate. Now Debra had read some stories about people taking out the sofas in their campers and there were chainsaws involved...I was really hoping that the Big Guy was going to go for it big time. But the Big Guy has this bad habit of thinking things through, so instead of a chainsaw, he had wrenches and an impact driver. He started looking things over and before I could raid Debra's stash of chocolate, he started taking that old hide-a-bed sofa apart.

Then one of the grandsons came by and he put him to work too! No one is safe around here. First, all the metal parts came out,
and then they hauled those off to the back of the truck.
Next, the arms and back
and a bunch of seatbelts that were under there too. Seatbelts in a sofa...must be to keep you from falling out of your seat when the Friday night movie gets a little too exciting or something. So now that all that is gone, we can get a shop going!
I supervised all the furniture moving and Debra and the Big Guy did pretty well...a little too much grunting and panting but they did okay for people of their advanced age...LOL!
Now you would think that she would use those cabinets over the top for craft stuff but she has baking stuff up there. Baking stuff, they've lived in this thing for seven months and the only things I've seen her bake are Jiffy corn muffins and a frozen pizza! I think she needs to rethink her priorities...Ow! Whoops, Debra is reading over my shoulder, hope she didn't read the part about me snitching her chocolate...I'm out of here!  Deb here, Mr. Skellie can sure be a freshy sometimes! This was sure fun to get organized...have to figure out how to get electric over here and find all my bottles of paint but I will do that tomorrow...not too early as I am burning the midnight oil again.
That's what happens when you wake up with hiccups! But they finally stopped so I have chased Mr. Skellie to bed and am about to head there myself. I'm looking forward to starting work in my little shop and want to thank you all for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Has montado un precioso taller! Espero que pronto puedas empezar a trabajar en él!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank-you so much! My paint and brushes are due to arrive in a few days...I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. Whoo hoo! Let's see what you make now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for determined husbands with good tools! You have found a perfect creative space and proven that where there is a will there is a way! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thanks Jodi! He is always willing to tackle all the projects I think up. He commented tonight how this craft space makes the whole camper feel happier!

    ReplyDelete