Click on the pictures to make them larger

Saturday, November 18, 2017

A small project for the shop...

It all started with a leftover piece of plastic downspout and a whole lot of strip wood. When I moved my shop, all my stripwood and dollhouse trims ended up all mixed together in a small wastebasket along with several long cardboard tubes full of random pieces. It was tippy and made it hard to find what you were looking for. My Dear Hubby cleaned up the downspout piece and built me a box to hold 10" pieces of it. I wouldn't recommend using metal downspout, the edges would be really sharp.
I brought it right into the house and started organizing. Well, I guess I have way more pieces of dollhouse trim than I thought!
I knew he didn't have any more downspout, so I saw the mailing tubes and thought maybe he could build another box that would fit those....
and why not put both boxes on a base....and add some castors....and a handle! He's an incredibly patient man! LOL! I drew a little picture and he found enough scrap plywood in his shop to put it together for me. The mailing tubes were cut into 10 inch lengths also and then he sized and cut a base for both boxes.

He used small casters on the bottom...the back 2 were fixed castors and the front 2 are rotating.

He lined the 2 boxes up, then glued and screwed them in place.
Lots of clamps!
I had saved an old knob from something, so that was added too.
When it was done, I brought it into my shop and had fun organizing my dollhouse trims.
I was concerned that I didn't have enough baseboard to finish up the Steampunk Summerhouse, but I have plenty! Yay! So here it is right next to my bench, neat and accessible.
I'm getting so organized, I just can't stand myself! 😊 Now Bill has less scrap wood kicking around and I have a cool wood storage thingy! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment